During this quiz you will be asked to respond to a variety of questions. Some may seem obscure. There is a method to all of this—don't worry. Feel free to guess if you don't know the exact answer. It is important that you not consult external sources (don't cheat if you want valid feedback!). Please keep in mind that the final section of this assessment is to help with demographic research and is not an attempt to gather personal information.
CATEGORY 1: ATTITUDES ABOUT VARIOUS OBJECTS
For each of these items, you will provide your evaluation on an unfavorable to favorable scale.1. What is your attitude towards playing chess?
2. How certain are you in your attitude towards playing chess?
3. What is your attitude towards public speaking?
4. How certain are you in your attitude towards public speaking?
5. What is your attitude towards rugby?
6. How certain are you in your attitude towards rugby?
7. What is your attitude towards taxes?
8. How certain are you in your attitude towards taxes?
CATEGORY 2: ESTIMATING EVENT LIKELIHOOD
For each of these items, you will estimate the probability that something will happen in the future. 9. The probability that the next US president will be a woman is about _ in 100
10. How sure are you of your answer?
11. The probability that a successful manned mission to Mars will occur before 2025 is about _ in 100.
12. How sure are you of your answer?
13. The probability that a third World War will happen before 2050 is about _ in 100.
14. How sure are you of your answer?
CATEGORY 3: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE QUESTIONS
For each of these questions you will provide your best estimate of the numerical answer. Please do not consult any sources. It is fine to just guess.15. What was the population of Columbus, OH in 2013?16. How confident are you that your answer is correct?
17. How old was George Washington when he died?18. How confident are you in your answer?
19. What is the average temperature (in Fahrenheit) in Fairbanks, Alaska in August?20. How confident are you in your answer?
CATEGORY 4: GENERAL SELF-REPORT MEASURES
Each item below asks about some characteristic of yourself.21. I often feel unsure of my thoughts and feelings
22. I am a confident person
23. I see myself as confident and sure.
24. I see myself as full of doubt.
25. If something looks too complicated I will not even bother to try it
26. I avoid trying to learn new things when they look too difficult
27. When unexpected problems occur, I don't handle them very well
28. I see myself as extroverted and enthusiastic
29. I see myself as anxious and easily upset.
30. I see myself as complex and open to new experiences.
31. I see myself as sympathetic and warm.
32. I see myself as calm and emotionally stable.
33. I certainly feel useless at times.
34. All in all, I am inclined to feel that I am a failure.
CATEGORY 5: ADDITIONAL SELF-REPORT MEASURES35. Some people like to have responsibility for handling situations that require a lot of thinking and other people don’t like to have responsibility for situations like that. Which statement best describes you?
36. Some people prefer to solve simple problems instead of complex ones, whereas other people prefer to solve more complex problems. Which type of problem do you prefer to solve?
37. Some people have opinions about almost everything; other people have opinions about just some things; and still other people have very few opinions. Which is the case for you?
38. Compared to the average person, how many opinions do you have about whether things are good or bad?
39. Some people say that it is important to have definite opinions about lots of things, while other people think that it is better to remain neutral on most issues. What about you?
CATEGORY 6: DEMOGRAPHIC VARIABLES
Please tell us a little more about yourself by responding to the questions below. 40. What Is Your Age:41. Gender
42. Total personal income from your own employment:
43. Total household income from all sources:
44. Highest educational outcome:
45. What is your current marital status?
46. What is your religious affiliation?
48. What is your Race?49. What is your occupation?50. Number of male children51. Number of female children52. In what state did you spend most of your life?53. In what state do you live now?54. Would you like to sign up for our email list? (You can unsubscribe at any time.)